What routes do we offer?
You can book a trek through us on whatever route you want. Here’s a reminder of the five/six official routes on Kili. (Note that the links will take you to the detailed descriptions of each trail on the Climb Mount Kilimanjaro website.
- Machame Route One of the cheaper routes, and one with a good success rate too – good for those who want a ‘standard’ Kili trek without breaking the bank.
- Marangu Route It may have a slightly lower success rate than some of the other routes, but it’s a beautiful route and ideal for those with an aversion to camping, or who are trekking in the rainy season.
- Rongai RouteTravelling through the mountain’s driest corner, this is one of Kili’s quieter routes; take the diversion via Mawenzi for a better chance of getting to the summit and some of the best views of any route.
- Lemosho/Shira Route Ignore Shira, it’s Lemosho where the fun happens: a long route with great forest, wonderful views and a very good success rate.
- Umbwe Route The quietest route on the mountain, and one with a reputation for being tough. But it’s beautiful too, and we think it’s really under-rated.
Special Kilimanjaro Expert routes
In addition to these treks on the ‘official’ routes, at Kilimanjaro Experts we like to offer our climbers something a little different. For this reason we also offer two ‘unofficial’ routes that are really rather special.
We really think these are the best routes you can take on the mountain, because they try to avoid the crowds, improve your chances of seeing wildlife and maximise you chances of getting to the summit.
These two trails are called the Full Circuit Umbwe and Alternative Lemosho routes – and you can find details about them on this site by clicking on them and reading on…