Whether you are booking a place on a prearranged trek or a private trek on new dates, the procedure for booking through us is the same and is very simple:
- The first step is to send us a message or give us a call saying you are interested in a trek and ask us any questions about any aspect of your trek or our service.
- We will then ask you to fill out a trek booking form. This shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes of your time. Simply send it off – and you’ve taken the next step on a journey that could eventually lead you to the top of Africa’s Highest Mountain!
- Once we receive this form, we’ll book your trek – and your place is guaranteed. We’ll then liaise with you to sort out your accommodation, airport transfers – and to book any other trips you want to take, including safaris, accommodation on Zanzibar etc.
- Once all this is booked and every aspect of your trip is sorted, we will then send you details of the total amount your trip will cost, so that both yourselves and us are in agreement on the final total.
- Then – and only then – will we ask you for a deposit. This is usually just US$250 per person (though there may be a small extra charge if the accommodation you have chosen also asks for a deposit to secure your booking). This deposit is payable in a wide variety of currencies including US dollars, euro, sterling, Australian dollars, Indian rupees, Singapore dollars etc etc etc.
- Once we have received the deposit we will send you a copy of our Kilimanjaro guide book to help you prepare for your trek.
- We will also be in regular touch during the run-up to the climb to check on your progress and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- We then ask that the final balance is paid at 45 days prior to departure. If this is proving difficult, we can be flexible, as long as we have advance notice that you will be paying within the 45-day limit.
Note that we are fairly flexible and if you need to alter your trip for any reason, or wish to add on a safari or another excursion to your trip, then as long as there is availability we’ll be able to help.